Monday, September 4, 2017

Review: House (1986)

Can't believe it took me so long to watch this one. It was fantastic. Loved the old school FX. That fat monster lady reminded me of The Evil Dead. Is it just me or did this film have one of the best posters? I always remember seeing it as a kid. Sadly, there's nothing in it that reaches that level of creepy goodness. The movie is definitely more of a horror comedy but you still get some pretty sinister creatures. The winged skeleton that stole the shotgun was pretty amazing. I'm a sucker for stop motion animation. I really didn't expect all the Vietnam flashbacks. The film actually seems quite centered around that and the big bad villain at the end, his undead soldier friend, was nicely menacing (again love the FX). The first monster that jumps out of the closet was also very frightening. That almost seemed like a Giger Cronenberg creature or something. It was brilliant. I like his goofy neighbor too who thinks he hit the jackpot with a famous author neighbor only to be drawn into a real nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment