Sunday, July 30, 2017

Review: Motel Hell (1980)

How does this have a 6.1 on IMDb? I love '80s horror too, but this is a mess. Nothing much happens in this movie. It's quite boring. Huge kill count? No. Is it a slasher? Not really. What is it? Basically, a very dull Texas Chainsaw ripoff. You get some demented farmers burying people up to their heads to flavor their food but it's kind of a slog to get through. The Scream Factory Blu-ray cover sold me on it big time but the pictured psycho killer with a pig mask and chainsaw doesn't occur until the very end. The poster to the left is much more accurate (and by accurate, I mean it shows you the movie ain't going to be very good). I guess it's supposed to be a parody but it's not very funny. I love black humor but I didn't laugh much at all during this. Too many people have nostalgia blinders on, which I can understand (again I love '80s horror and I'm always looking for more I overlooked) but this film is a massive letdown. I don't blame Scream Factory (love their Blu-rays and awesome special features) but their cool cover is completely misleading. Cool title. Weak movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment